First Steps Nursery is regulated and inspected by Ofsted with our latest report from May 2015 below.
- Staff use effective methods to deal with unwanted behaviour; the methods used are consistent and suitable for young children. Leaders use self-evaluation as a tool to continuously improve areas of their practice. The views of staff, children and parents are taken into account when setting targets for improvement.
- Practitioners have high expectations of what children can do and they encourage all children to take an acceptable level of risk during activities.
- Children are provided with constant mark-making opportunities, both indoors and outside. A wide range of resources are provided to encourage small and larger scale mark making.
- Parents are kept informed of their children's progress through daily access to an online system. Staff update this regularly and parents are able to contribute. Strong partnership working between home and nursery is evident.
- Children's emotional well-being is given a high priority during times when children move between rooms. Therefore, children feel secure in their new group.